Speaking a second language can be a great challenge. No matter what your level of English is-whether you are a beginner or you have been speaking English for many years-you may have confidence problems when having to present yourself in English. Many feel as if they lose their personality when they speak English and struggle to find a way to communicate successfully.
SEST is now able to offer a unique opportunity to train your voice in the English language in situations as diverse as corporate events, board room presentations, conferences, lectures, drama school auditions, theatre auditions, screen tests, audition tapes, job interviews, media training and interviewing.
The coaching is conducted by SEST founders Ingela Lundh and Kristina Leon, both of whom have extensive experience from their respective training as well as in audition technique and voice work from the UK. Kristina trained at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama and Ingela at East 15 Acting School and with the acclaimed voice teacher Patsy Rodenburg, OBE. Ingela has also worked as voice coach and consultant with the leadership consultancy company Edward Lynx. SEST’s methods involve freeing up voices that have gone into ‘hiding’ and discovering the full potential of the natural voice and pitch as well as exercises to improve body language.
Voice and accent coaching in English for actors/presenters
This coaching is aimed at actors and aspiring actors or presenters seeking to improve their English voice and accent. Whether it be preparing for an audition for Drama Schools in the UK or the US, working on a scene for an audition tape or a screen test or preparing for an interview; SEST can give you specific tools and the confidence to significantly improve your chances of a successful performance. The coaching can help you to:
- Understand and analyse your text/material
- Improve articulation and clarity to deliver a convincing and clear performance
- Get rid of bad and distracting speaking habits that appear when speaking English
- Improve tone, pitch, colour and rhythm to give life and variety to your character/performance
Voice coaching and Personal Impact in English-Corporate
(group or individual)
Your voice and body language not only conveys your message-it can say a great deal about you. Like it or not, people make judgements based on your voice and the way you communicate.
As a manager you often need to motivate, engage and inspire; many times in English and often to senior people over-seas who have little understanding of your reality. Important decisions often rely on your voice and personal impact. In this coaching you will get the tools needed to improve as a communicator so that you can influence with confidence and come across as credible and professional in an international context.
SEST’s voice and personal impact coaching for businesses focuses on very specific aims and can help you to:
- Speak with greater authority and vocal presence
- Overcome an accent and confidence barrier when English is not the first language.
- Improve your articulation to avoid ambiguity and misunderstandings
- Prepare for an important presentation
- Improve the structure of a presentation
- Prepare when taking on a more senior role that requires a greater personal impact
- Find your personal trademark
Please contact Ingela Lundh or Kristina Leon on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on pricing and availability.